Jane of all trades

Lover of life. Enjoy coffee and good conversation. Some people say I am funny. Sometimes talk too much. willing to try new things, though this is a new characteristic discovered recently.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Geese are Back

Some of you may remember the goose fence I talked about last year. Here is an update. It works! As long as you maintain it, and that only takes a few minuets, they stay away. We had an incident last year where a flock of about 14 to 20 geese came to visit, I noticed that part of the fence had been knocked down by a deer or some other critter, I quickly fixed the downed fence and miraculously the geese left. As it turns out if the geese can not easily get in and out of the water then that is not a good place to nest and because of that they will leave in search of new nesting grounds. I love the goose fence Idea because it is harmless to all animals and keeps the nasty goose droppings out of our parking lot.

No comments: