Jane of all trades

Lover of life. Enjoy coffee and good conversation. Some people say I am funny. Sometimes talk too much. willing to try new things, though this is a new characteristic discovered recently.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Spring Feaver

Well I always thought I hated to work outside, But I am finding out that with weather as beautiful as ours has been this week it ain't so bad. I chalk up my chipper attitude to a healthy dose of vitamin D from all the sun I was able to enjoy this week. As for the list I blogged about earlier this week I think a made a pretty good dent in it. I planted 7 trees and mulched them, cleaned up all beds in the back and pruned the shrubs and trees in the back. I have had to straighten up back behind the dumpster where we have an abundance of trees and shrubs yet to be planted. Problem is I can not move them until I am ready to place them in the ground because the roots have come through the bottoms. Things are starting to look pretty good. I hope people can tell how much I enjoy my position. I hope my work shows that I do take a sense of pride in what I do, and considering the pure scale of what needs to be done and what I would like to do, with the resources I have, I think it is pretty good. PB is always encouraging, yesterday he hollered how awesome I am at doing what I do.
My woodworking class is almost finished and once again I am thrilled with the results. I created a Adirondack chair using tools I was afraid to try at one time. I have had a lot of fun and have learned a lot of tricks of the trade as well. One student compared our instructor to the guy who gives away the magicians secrets only with wood. I will have to take a semester off because the class I need won't start until April or May. I might take facility maintenance again to brush up on some stuff from the last class.
Got an email from my boy in Iraq, he's doin fine. He said he has been real busy and will keep us posted. Maybe I shouldn't call him boy anymore.....after all he is expected to fight for our freedom. That's a different soap box and I am out of time.

No comments: