Jane of all trades

Lover of life. Enjoy coffee and good conversation. Some people say I am funny. Sometimes talk too much. willing to try new things, though this is a new characteristic discovered recently.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lists R our Friend


I am not sure if I shared this before but I like lists. Using lists keeps me on task especially at work. ADD, perhaps but as long as I refer to my list I tend to GSD. Anywho Pastor R and I have decided lists are good and we started utilizing this method in the last couple weeks and I am feeling super productive.

This is my Son and Me on his wedding day. He was deployed to Iraq.
Having a son in Iraq is harder than I could have anticipated. While listening to the news yesterday I heard a hummer was blown off the road during an ambush from the enemy. Three young men lost their lives and I immediately wondered if one of them was my son. Thankfully it was not, but then I soon realized those kids did belong to someone. I prayed for peace and comfort for those families and thanked God my child was spared. I say I believe he will come home safe, but do I really? Not sure at this point.
So I will keep plugging away at my things to do list and try not to worry.

10 things I am grateful for...
  1. My son is still alive and well
  2. I finished my chair, and it looks pretty darn good.
  3. My eldest daughter has invited us up for a weekend at her new house.
  4. Andy, crown molding is tricky, thanks for the coping secret.
  5. PR, for his wisdom
  6. PB for his heart
  7. Jen for the fantastic job with our children at Kids Rock
  8. David for awesome praise and worship
  9. time to play with my children
  10. Large capacity washer and dryer, if you have more than one child, you can appreciate that statement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your list. I will be glad when I can be thankful for #10.